Here are a couple of things that may be helpful to Symbol MC70, or now the Motorola MC70 handheld Windows Mobile devices.www.mc4.army.mil/help/techdocs/mc70UserGuide.pdf
Cold Booting the MC70Next, have you ever needed to cold boot your Symbol MC70? Well I have and they sure do make it tricky so that you can not accidentally do it. To perform a cold boot simulaneously press 1, 9 and the power key. After a cold boot the clock will reset to a default date. You will want to correct the date/time and time zone after it reboots.
Clean Booting (Wiping out) the MC70Or perhaps you have a more sever issue with your MC70 and you need to completely wipe it out and start with a clean boot. These are the steps given to up from Symbol’s Tech support some time back (when they were Symbol and not part of Motorola): 1. Go to http://support.symbol.com
2. In search bar type: Clean boot and click: Go 3. From search results, select: Clean boot files v1.1 for MC70xxWM50
4. Next page, Scroll to bottom of page to “Downloads” and select MC70 Cleaners 010100.zip
5. Browse to save to Desktop
6. Right click on file to extract all (to desktop) 7. Connect Symbol Handheld to ActiveSync and select Explore
8. On Handheld, Open Storage Card
9. Open extracted Cleanboot file and drag (or right click and copy) each folder from the Clean Boot folder (5 folders) NOTE: The file “Instruction” does not need to be copied to the storage card. Click on
“Instruction” to open and print instructions to perform a Update Loader Boot on the Symbol.
Note: In the event Program Files can not be accessed from the Symbol, an alternate method to load the Update Loader is to simultaneously hold (on Symbol) 1-9-Power. As soon as the handheld begins to load, hold the yellow trigger button (upper right side of Symbol) for a few moments. Within a few minutes the update loader (reset to factory defaults) should begin.
If you have any useful tips for working with a Symbol MC70 or Motorola MC70 please share them in the comments below.